The most terrifying thing about a cardiac arrest is that it can happen without any prior symptoms in number of people. It is the cause of maximum deaths in the world.
A lot of lives can be saved if person is given CPR by the BLS provider at the time of an arrest. This text is written with the aim of providing information about the CPR procedure.
Hope it will serve as useful guide in knowing how to do CPR. Also earlier we published an Infographic on How to perform CPR on adults
• Cardiac arrest can happen because of many reasons such as drug overdose, excessive bleeding, injuries, stroke and near drowning
• If you are not trained to give CPR you should not attempt giving breaths to the patients. You should only go for 100 uninterrupted hands compression
• If you are trained for a CPR procedure then you can begin chest compression and giving rescue air breathing. Begin with 30 chest compressions
• Remember the steps as CAB i.e. Circulation, Airway and Breathing
• Restore circulation with compressions which should be 100 per minute and depth should be at least 2 inches
• Allow compression recoil and minimize interruptions to less than 10 seconds
• For clearing the airway, tilt the head and lift the chin
• One breath should be given for 6 to 8 seconds
Follow the above guidelines and call for advanced care immediately. You can take CPR training by joining the first aid training courses. To know more visit www.adamssafety.com
Adams Safety Training is an authorized training site for California Emergency Medical Service Authority, (EMSA), Medic First Aid, American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI), and American Heart Association. It provides First Aid Training, CPR Classes, and BLS training to the entire San Francisco Bay Area.
This text is written with the aim of providing information about training courses and classes offered by Adams safety training.
It provides CPR training classes with minimal costs. All the equipments and material provided are included in that cost. No extra fee and contracts are involved.
The onsite training program is also available for the group of 10 or more in Northern California at the location of your choice. For healthcare classes certificates are issued. Along with BLS and CPR health care providers are also taught AED.
Adams Safety training is certified and approved by the State of California Emergency Medical Services Authority to provide child care classes in its day care centre.
There are lot of fraud instructors and trainers who do not compliance with EMSA training. You should be aware and do not take risks when comes to safety of your loved ones.
The goal of Adams safety is to provide low cost and best quality CPR training.
Health Emergencies can knock on your door unwanted and unexpected. It’s better to be prepared to tackle them whenever needed.
This text blog is written with the intent of providing information about CPR and first aid certification. The training can be crucial for a new parent, babysitter or senior helper.
Things that you will be trained for:
• Examining the scene of an emergency
• Calling 911 and taking care of victim until help arrives
• Deterring bleeding and treating cuts, scrapes, bee stings, insect or snake bites, etc.
• Treating sudden illness and understanding signs and symptoms of heart attack
How to choose the course?
You can choose among the courses available online, also many hospitals and communities offer these first-aid and CPR programs. You can find website programs by American Heart Association (AHA) and other agencies.
Maintaining a first Aid Kit
In case you are not able to get certificate for the first aid or CPR programs you must always carry a first aid kit along. Your kit should have things like scissors, band aids, aspirins, gloves, antibiotic ointment, hand sanitizer, gauze, etc.
The first Aid kit can be very serviceable when comes to emergencies ranging from snake bites to earth quakes.
In the past due to the lack of evidence-based CPR guidelines in the veterinary demesne, the animals could not be given proper first-aid and CPR in the case of medical emergencies. This, however, will not be the case now as AHA has provided upgraded guidelines for the proper cardiopulmonary resuscitation for animals.
The given Infographic delineates these upgraded guidelines.
• The sequence should be remembered as ABC, Airway, Breathing and Cardiac Compressions
• The dog should be laid on the flat surface with its head extended to clear airway
• Check and remove any obstructions in the jaw and cup your hands around the mouth in a way that nostrils are remained open and blow the air into the nostrils at the rate of 20 breaths per minute
• Perform 100-120 chest compressions per minute. Both the palms should be placed down in the chest cavity of the bones. Dogs such as bulldogs have barrel chest therefore, the compression should be directly aimed at the heart while the dog lay on its back. For dogs with narrow chest cavity, push down near to its armpits directly over the heart
• Perform CPR in two minutes cycles and check for breathing and keep administering the vasopressors every 3-5 minutes during the CPR.
For more information and guidelines go through the Infographic given below;
Life threatening situations can arise at any time mostly when one would least expect them to happen. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is the technique that comes handy in many of those situations to save the life of the person whose life is in danger. However not all can perform this technique without having the right knowledge about it.
To be able to successfully aid a person using this technique, one has to be well-versed with the process in which it works. American Heart Association is one of those few institutes which often press for educating people about such procedures in order to keep heartbeat of patients running until they can be provided with proper medical attention.
Training for AHA CPR process can be obtained in three levels, namely:
- Basic Life Support: This procedure is meant to train healthcare professionals as well as volunteers in order to make them understand the criticality of providing early CPR. This can aid them in relieving people from choking, no pulse, breathing problem and more.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support: Often meant for healthcare professionals, this process involves methodologies to treat adult patients experiencing cardiopulmonary emergencies.
- Pediatric: This training is imparted to healthcare professionals for treating adolescents, children and infants who are in need to emergency cardiovascular attention. This process also involves assessment of associated risk before the actual treatment can be provided.
Cardiovascular diseases form up a specific class of diseases that involve blood vessels or heart. The most common condition that occurs due to this disease is the heart attack. This condition is caused when deposits of plaque build up within the walls of the arteries. This narrows down the openings between them, making it difficult to allow proper flow of blood. This is what ultimately leads to heart attack.
Other reasons behind cardiac problems
There can be several other kinds of cardiac problems as well, the occurrence of which could depend upon the patient’s current physical condition. A few of those are:
• Heart Valve Issues: When enough blood isn’t flowing through heart valves, which have not opened up properly, the condition is called stenosis. When they don’t close properly, the condition is called as regurgitation. This disturbs flow of blood, causing it to flow in the wrong direction, thereby worsening the overall problem.
• Arrhythmia: This is the technical name given to the abnormal beating of the heart. This is caused when the heart either beats too slowly or too speedily.
• Heart Failure: It’s not a synonym for heart attack, but it does have similar condition too. This occurs when heart is unable to pump adequate blood as it should. This could become worse with time, and so must be catered to at the earliest.
Competition has grown tremendously over the past couple of decades in just about every sector. With that people too have begun to work harder than ever before, while often leaving back their personal life in the process. This is harder for working mothers, who have to leave back their young ones at home. This ultimately leads to loss of concentration in them, making them think of ways to deal with the situation in a much better way.
In US alone, the rate of such working parents goes into significant figures. This gave rise to the need for efficient child care facilities where such children can be properly attended to. Child Care is itself a full-fledged course which requires the expertise of someone who knows how to take proper care of children of all age groups. The training can include everything, from use of interactive games to giving first aid whenever needed.
Some usual activities that are covered by such child care programs include:
• Playing with kids of all aging
• Taking care of kids, right from feeding them to making them sleep
• Ensuring their safety at all times
• Being able to make the right decisions in touch situations
• Changing their clothes and diapers
• Taking care of hygiene factor
• Proper understanding of first aid procedure, rescue breathing, etc.