Concord CPR Training & First Aid Classes – CPR Certification in Concord
First Aid Training equips an individual if someone around them has suffered from an accident. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is one of the most important training given in First Aid Training and BLS Classes in Concord. This procedure is performed in case someone’s heart has stopped or if breathing is no proper. In this technique, chest compressions along with rescue breaths are performed to keep the flow of oxygen and blood in the body.
If you find yourself in a situation where you do not know the patient and are a little worried about giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, you can do chest compression only. This CPR is also known as hands-only CPR. To perform a chest compression:
- Locate the breastbone at the center of the chest. Place the heel of your first hand and then the second hand. Interlock your fingers of both hands as it will help in exerting pressure.
- Sit in the position when your shoulders are above your hands.
- With your entire weight, apply pressure to give chest compressions that run 5-6 cm deep into the patient’s chest.
- Give 100-200 chest compressions in a minute.
- Repeat the procedure till medical care arrives on the scene.
If you are confident then you can also perform CPR rescue breaths on a patient. Just like the hands only CPR, place your hands interlocked on the breastbone of your chest. Give the patient 100-200 chest compressions per minute. While performing CPR, after every 30 chest compressions, give two mouth-to-mouth rescue breaths. To give rescue breaths, tilt the patient head and lift the chin upwards supported by two fingers. Now pinch the patient’s nose and seal your mouth with the patient’s mouth. Blow two rescue breaths progressively in their mouth till the chest rises.
Want to know more Join Adams Safety Training and learn CPR, We offer first aid training in Concord approved from American Heart Association. We also offer CPR Certification upon completing the CPR BLS Classes certified from AHA. Apart from CPR Classes Adams safety is a pioneer in providing BLS training in Concord. We provide BLS for healthcare providers according to the latest guidelines given by American heart association. Learn BLS training and become a CPR Certified in Concord