Santa Rosa CPR Training & First Aid Classes – CPR Certification in Santa Rosa
As per the OSHA’s standard for first aid training in general industry- “In the absence of an infirmary, clinic, or hospital in near proximity to the workplace which is used for the treatment of all injured employees, a person or persons shall be adequately trained to provide First Aid. Sufficient First Aid supplies shall be readily available.”
As per OSHO (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), at a minimum, First-Aid and CPR training shall consist of the following:
• The definition of first aid.
• Legal issues of applying first aid (Good Samaritan Laws).
• Basic anatomy.
• Patient assessment and first aid for- respiratory arrest, cardiac arrest, hemorrhage, lacerations/abrasions, amputations, musculoskeletal injuries, shock, eye injuries, burns, loss of consciousness, extreme temperature exposure (hypothermia/hyperthermia), paralysis, poisoning, loss of mental functioning, etc.
• Application of dressings and slings.
• Treatment of strains, sprains, and fractures.
• Immobilization of injured persons.
• Handling and transporting injured persons.
• Treatment of bites, stings, or contact with poisonous plants or animals.
There are a large number of training providers who provide First Aid, BLS training and CPR certification in Santa Rosa as per the requirements and guidelines laid down by the OSHA. Using conventional training methods, the OSHA First Aid and CPR training classes include lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, etc. The length of these classes is sufficient to assure that the trainees understand the concepts of First Aid and that they are capable of demonstrate their ability to perform the different life-saving procedures contained in the first aid and CPR training defined by the OSHA
Adams Safety Training is an authorized training center of American Heart Association providing BLS training, First Aid Classes and CPR Certification in Santa Rosa from past 25 years. After a successful completion of the training, you can get the CPR Certification on the same day of the class.