CPR or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is an emergency procedure that includes chest compression usually with artificial ventilation. The procedure is carried out with intent to manually preserve brain function until a professional help arrives and measures are taken to restore impulsive blood circulation and breathing in a person who is in cardiac arrest. It is important to note that only a person who is well-trained in CPR should perform CPR. This is because, if not performed properly, CPR may lead to severe injuries of internal organs.
In 40-70% cases, the most common CPR related injuries are fractures of the ribs and sternum. The key factors that influence the frequency and severity of injuries resulting from resuscitation procedures include:-
• The length of resuscitation time
• Age of the patient or victim
• Degree of qualification of the medical personnel
A CPR training program from a well renowned source can help you to learn the right techniques to perform resuscitation for patients who are the victims of sudden cardiac arrest and those who are unresponsive, in respiratory arrest, or choking. Join CPR Training in Petaluma today to become efficient and confident in performing CPR in a correct manner.
The infographic titled, “EMSA Licensed Childcare Prevention of Illness and Injury Course by Adams Safety Training” provides basic information about EMSA Child Care Training by Adams Safety. Proudly serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1991, Adams Safety Training provides First Aid Training, CPR Classes, and BLS training to the entire San Francisco Bay Area.
Adams Safety Training Licensed Child Care programs are certified and approved by the State of California Emergency Medical Services Authority-EMSA. The State of California requires new childcare providers to attend 16 hours of training. Here are a few important details about the training, have a look:
The EMSA Child Care Training consists of 8 hours of First Aid and CPR Training and 8 hours of Prevention Health and Safety Training.
The Preventive Health and Safety Training providers at Adams Safety provide all the necessary training for childcare providers to meet the requirements of California State Law and meet the need of AB 1542
The training includes a CD with a 279 page manual including forms for operation of the childcare included in the cost of the class.
For more information about EMSA Child Care Training by Adams Safety, please refer the given infographic.
These days, many organizations give first aid and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) as a part of employee training. The key motive behind providing first aid and CPR training to the employees is to make them efficient in handling any emergency situation they may occur at workplace. If employees know the right techniques, they will be able to prevent further injury to the victim of the accident. Some of the key reasons why employees should be trained in First Aid and CPR include:
• Training provides correct knowledge and skills to the trainees for handling emergency situations and helps them react appropriately without feeling nervous, afraid or confused.
• Trained employees have the ability to take better control over emergency situations at workplace including chemical injuries, cuts, sprains, fractures, eye burns, abrasions and various other injuries.
• When employees go through first aid training, they become much more aware about the safety and can spot hazards and potential incidents before they occur.
• By acting correctly in an efficient manner, first aid and CPR trained employees are able to save the precious life of their co-workers.
Get your employees trained in CPR and First Aid classes in Fairfield and make your workplace a safer place to work in.
For any emergency situation, being prepared is the best strategy. Dangerous situations and medical emergencies can happen anytime, anywhere. First aid training can help saving people’s lives in any emergency situation. Some of the key benefits of learning First Aid techniques include:
• Being trained in First Aid makes any home a safer place. Your family members will feel safe with you. In case an accident occurs in the home, you can quickly deal with the situation before a professional medical help arrives.
• First aid skills and can greatly enhance your CV and job applications as a large number of companies these days prefer employees who are trained in First Aid. Employees who are trained in First Aid have the ability to react immediately to an incident, injury or illness at the workplace.
• First Aid training provides critical knowledge and confidence to effectively manage an emergency without a feeling of fear or confusion.
A small time invested into learning first aid can produce a lifetime of advantages. Therefore, enroll yourself for the best First Aid classes in Petaluma today and prepare yourself to face any life-threatening situation.
Chocking usually occurs when a foreign object becomes lodged in the throat or windpipe, blocking the flow of air. Often swallowing small objects is the key reason of choking in young children. As choking cuts off oxygen to the brain, it is important to administer First Aid as early as possible.
When talking about infant choking, babies can choke on food and toys, slip under the water in the tub or a pool, and get caught in drawstrings and curtain cords. In such situation, it is important to verify whether the infant is unresponsive and not breathing. Shout to get the infant’s attention, using her name. If the infant doesn’t respond and is not breathing or is gasping, have someone call the local emergency medical help. Meanwhile, quickly but gently place the baby on her back on a firm, flat surface. Stand or knees next to her and start administer CPR. In case, baby is bleeding severely, don’t administer CPR until the bleeding is under control.
Not everyone can perform the right CPR; you must be trained to administer CPR. Therefore, take out some time from your daily life activities to take, infant and child CPR classes in Fairfield and learn how to practice the right techniques so that you’ll be able to save a child’s life in case of an emergency situation.
Choking is the main cause of cardiac arrest. It can be prevented by giving the correct response to the victim at the right time. The correct response for a choking victim usually depends on the degree of airway obstruction, whether the victim is responsive or not and the age of the victim. The degree of obstruction in case of choking in adults or children older than one year can be categorized as:
• Mild obstruction: In case of mild obstruction, the victim is breathing but may also be wheezing. Victim may also be coughing and making noise. In such case, the rescuer must stay with victim and try to keep him calm and encourage him to cough. Call the emergency medical help if the situation seems to be getting worse.
• Severe obstruction: The signs of victim with severe obstruction include- victim clutching the neck, not able to make noise or talk, there is a little or no breathing, and the victim may be cyanotic. In such case, the rescuer must use abdominal thrusts to attempt to remove obstruction, must call the emergency medical help. If the victim becomes unresponsive, provide CPR and rescue breathing until help arrives.
Nowadays, there are many programs offering CPR classes in Petaluma and other life saving techniques. Get yourself trained by choosing a renowned training program and become efficient to handle any life threatening situation.
BLS in general stands for Basic Life Support in contrast to Advanced Life Support. It denotes a level of care that patients will receive in an emergency situation in a wide variety of settings including in-hospital and out of hospital. A BLS training course generally covers oxygen administration, bleeding control, CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and splinting. This type of training course is particularly designed for professional rescuers including nurses, lifeguards, firefighters, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, medical or nursing students in training etc.
The American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider Course provides CPR skills for helping patients of all ages. It also teaches how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The training course help healthcare professionals gain the ability to recognize various life-threatening emergencies, perform CPR, use AED and relieve chocking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
AHA BLS offers a relaxed, non-threatening class environment, an emphasis on teamwork, and small group practices. Join an American Heart Association BLS training class today and get your AHA CPR certification.
A forklift is one of the most powerful and useful tools. However, if it is operated by untrained people, it may do more harm than good. Driving a forklift is really dangerous. If not handled properly, it can lead to a serious injury or even loss of life. Therefore, it is vital for a forklift driver to be fully licensed and qualified to operate a forklift. If a forklift driver is well-trained, you will notice the below mentioned aspects within your workplace:
• Productivity: A forklift training course makes certain that the forklift operator becomes familiarize with the equipment’s capabilities and features. This allows operator to finish the tasks in the most productive manner.
• Efficiency: Training enables a forklift operator to handle the equipment in the most time and energy conscious manner.
• Safety: A well-trained forklift operator knows how to use the equipment in the safest possible manner. In case any kind of hazard arises at the site, he is capable of taking cautionary action immediately to prevent any injury.
Forklift training courses may vary according to your specific needs. Make certain to choose a course that suits your requirements best.
EMSA or Emergency Medical Services Authority training program is specifically designed to help people (especially those who are involved in child care related jobs) to learn about the pre-hospital emergency medical care. It makes people learn about the basic knowledge and techniques to act promptly and accurately in case of emergencies.
Whatever training program you are considering, make certain that it is approved by the State of California Emergency Medical Services Authority-EMSA. Though, the American Red Cross (ARC) and the American Heart Association do not come under EMSA, they are also required to provide the child care training as indicated by the EMSA standards. As per the EMSA standards, a training program should include 16 hours of training comprising First Aid and CPR Training (8 hours) and Preventive Health and Safety Training (8 hours).
CPR must be performed by someone who is well-trained in an accredited EMSA approved pediatric CPR course. In order to find an EMSA approved training center in your area or nearby region, you can go directly to the EMSA website and get the list of current child care First Aid, CPR, and Preventive Health and Safety Practices training programs.
Have you ever experienced a situation where a person is suffering from a sudden heart attack and you feel helpless as to what to do? You can save the life of a person in such life-threatening situation by giving him/her the right first aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). A proper CPR training will make you capable of handling emergencies confidently without getting frightened.
A CPR and First Aid training program generally covers introduction to initial assessment, setup (scene assessment), assessing responsiveness activating EMS, assessing airway, breathing and circulation, clearing and protecting the airway, chest compressions, one-rescuer CPR (adult), AED use, choking management, and more. Some of the key advantages of getting first aid and CPR training from a well-renowned training program include- easy-learning, low-stress environment, confidence building, hands-on practice, video scenarios in a wide array of settings, updated resuscitation guidelines, customized training, etc.
It is important to note that the basic emergency procedures that you’ll learn during your first aid and CPR training class will always be valuable. It is never too late to learn first aid and CPR training. If you have not enrolled yet for first aid and CPR training program then do it today and make yourself ready to save someone’s precious life.